fedora core 3

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 6 10:17:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 01:58:00AM +0200, Leandro Vidal wrote:
>>
>> Hi. What must I do in order to update fedora core 2 to fedora core 3? I
>> mean, it is necessary re-install everything or exists any up2date?
> Step #3
>     Download the ISO images and burn a local set.

or, if you're lucky enough to have an extra machine lying around
(maybe doing it at work), put those images on an NFS-accessible
server, burn just the first CD and boot from it, and at the boot
prompt, type:

   linux askmethod

fill in the info regarding the NFS location and go from there.
benefits include not having to burn 3 more CDs and, once the install
starts, you can walk away, not having to hang around to swap CDs.

   but, of course, not everyone has the luxury of that extra host.

rday