Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Sat Aug 7 04:56:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 14:53 +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

> Conduct is not speech. But including perfectly normal words on speech
> is, no matter what people like or not. And it is protected everywhere in
> the USA, even while wearing a t-shirt reading: Fuck This Court while on
> trial.

Hopefully you'll never find yourself on trial, but if you do, I'm
willing to bet that wearing such a t-shirt will (a) not ingratiate
yourself with the judge or jury; and (b) find you in contempt of court,
in which case you'll learn quite quickly that it is NOT protected
speech, and the judge has a fair bit of leeway in determining such.

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>