Secure Login Problem

Alexander Valdez polai at comcast.net
Sat Aug 7 06:19:35 UTC 2004

used dig we1.client2.attbi.com and got:

; <<>> DiG 9.2.3 <<>> we1.client2.attbi.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;we1.client2.attbi.com.         IN      A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
client2.attbi.com.      566     IN      SOA     ns0.ipsvc.net.
hostmaster.ipsvc.net. 1 1800 600 604800 3600

;; Query time: 24 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.0.1#53(192.168.0.1)
;; WHEN: Fri Aug  6 23:04:05 2004
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 99

Also asked comcast if we1.client2.attbi.com was a valid server.
I was told it was a valid router address.

my resolv.conf is always
; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
search we1.client2.attbi.com
nameserver 192.168.0.1

This file seems to be overwritten on boot up because I'm using
DCHP to get my server and IP address automatically.

nslookup we1.client2.attbi.com returns:

Server:         192.168.0.1
Address:        192.168.0.1#53

** server can't find we1.client2.attbi.com: NXDOMAIN

Thanks for your help

Alex