[OT] Red Hat AS downloadable

bryan at redfedora.co.uk bryan at redfedora.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 18:55:49 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Hartung" <rwhart at mchsi.com>
To: "fedora-list" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 11:35 AM
Subject: [OT] Red Hat AS downloadable

> Hi all,
>    Could someone please clarify a point for me?  Is RedHat Advanced
> Server available for downloading as iso's for testing in an unsupported
> environment?

Bob

I've seen the ISO's available for download from a bittorrent - all
unofficial of course, but it does let you see what you get and I found it
handy to have a look to assess whether we needed to upgrade from 9 at that
point in time.

Having bought every version since 6.0 I took a deep breath and looked long
and hard at all the systems we had and checked out various other distros
based on the GPL'd RedHat Sources - Whitebox and wotnot.

My argument to management was one of  support and if you don't support the
distribution then you pay the karma consequences some way along the line on
your decisions. All the work servers are still on 9 for the time being, I've
been watching Fedora core intently since it's inception and have to admit
being pleased with that for innovation and run it on my home machines. It
looks like the work ones will all be consolidated to perform more tasks per
server but for the support it's a 'no brainer' as far as I can see.

HTH

Bryan