What dvd writers are Fedora compatible?

Roger lists at glance.pt
Sun Aug 8 20:43:14 UTC 2004

Stewart Nelson wrote:

>I am setting up some systems using DVD-RAM for backup.  I haven't had any
>trouble yet, but your comments make me very nervous.  Do you get I/O
>errors?  System problems?  Corrupted backup media with no error detected?
>Or is it just the samba problem that you already mentioned?

No corruption just it wouln't create the iso file of it wouldn't burn it

>You could format the DVD-RAM as a UDF filesystem, and could then
>write multiple files to it with tar, just like a hard drive.

How do I format DVD-RAM as UDF in Linux ?
I'll try to format it with Nero In-CD and will see if it works on Linux.

>Try connecting the DVD to a separate controller (on motherboard or a
>PCI card).

I will try that when I can get a new controler. actualy both primary and
secondary are hosting 2 HD for software RAID1 partitions