using pctel modem on FC2

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 20:44:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

 I am using a Dell Latitude C850 with one of those internal PCTEL modems. Does
anyone have any experience making these work with Linux?

I remember that I could not get it to work with RH9 or with FC1 (I must concede
I am a clumsy newbie(, but was wondering about FC2 and the 2.6.7.494 kernel.
What do I need to do? This is important, because I will be gone for two weeks
and will only have modem access (if at all) and I don't want to live with
Windoze for my e-mail.

Thanks and best wishes,
GT