kernel

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 9 03:20:39 UTC 2004

moblinux wrote:
> is it safe to erase old kernel packages.i always use the latest smp one
> (i have a hyper threading processor).and is it also good idea to remove
> the non smp one (because i don' use it)

I have a machine that uses hyperthreading and I usually run the smp
kernel. At certain times,things may not work properly w/ the smp kernel
and the single processor version is nice to have to fall back on.

I guess the choice is yours. Do you feel that you will never run into a
program or situation where the smp will not be the right choice?

Jim

--
Logic doesn't apply to the real world.
		-- Marvin Minsky