mozilla 1.7.x on FC2 amd64 broken?

jerrywone at cox.net jerrywone at cox.net
Mon Aug 9 14:46:54 UTC 2004

i'm having a severe problem with mozilla since up2date to
1.7.x a few days ago...

first when i got it i tried looking for the about mozilla
under help menu, blank screen.  plugin does list the
previous plugins ok, but blackdown java never did work for
me on mozilla, but that is a separate issue...

Most importantly, i can not send or forward email, get
"An error occurred while creating a message compose
window. Please try again."
and of course trying again does not help...

clicking on links in the navigator browser window does not
work, but clicking on open in new tab gets me to
something.

is it just me, the amd64 part, or bad rpms?

suggestions for troubleshooting?
it's a real pain going to server for sending email :-(

thanks,
jerry