Wierd Up2Date problem

Mark Haney MHaney at interactsys.com
Mon Aug 9 15:10:22 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: James Kosin [mailto:jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 10:54 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Wierd Up2Date problem

Which packages?
Which version of FC 1 or 2?

By default, most setups are set to exclude kernel* packages, since they
usually require manual and careful updating.  I really don't recommend
anyone have the system automatically update the kernel!!!

James

See that's the problem, I don't KNOW which packages, as I can never get
up2date or yum to tell me what packages are available.  The notification
icon keeps flashing the red ! with '2 updates available (0 skipped)' in the
tool tip, but no packages show up when I run it.  Also, I don't have it set
to upgrade the kernels automatically, but I don't see any new kernels listed
either.  BTW, this is FC2, my fault, I should have mentioned that in the
first one.