Firefox 0.9.3 seems broken..

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Tue Aug 10 06:26:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:12:14 -0500, Rodney Gordon II wrote:

> Every pulldown menu I open and select something, it creates a tiny
> blank window titled "Gecko" .. Such as prefs, or about firefox, etc..
>
> Just updated to it from fedora.us stable.. Anyone have an idea how to
> fix this?

Difficult to say since I can't reproduce that. I would start with

  rpm --erase firefox
  rm -rf /usr/lib/firefox*
  yum -y install firefox

to see where that brings me. If it's not gone, I would downgrade to
the previous release (0.9.1) just to see what that would give.

FWIW, I updated from 0.9.1 to 0.9.3, too, and everything works fine.
Though, I haven't had any tarball/source compiled other version installed
ever.