How do I mount a windows partition from another computer on the network?

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 11 19:10:09 UTC 2004

I have another computer I would like to be able to access. I already
have networking setup between the two system under windows, but I want
to access the other computer's files while running this one in linux. I
have a linksys router, and the adress on the other system is
192.168.1.101. My system is 192.168.1.100. Here is the fstab entry I made:

192.168.1.101:/dev/hda1    /mnt/network/192.168.1.101    vfat
noauto,kudzu,user,rw    0 0

I keep getting server is down errors or /dev/hda1 does not exist. How do
I set this up? Should filesystem be vfat or nfs?