How to limit your bandwidth

Rodney Gordon II meff at pobox.com
Wed Aug 11 21:27:50 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 10:17:08PM +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> This is a known fact and comes from ADSL: the upload queue is full and
> slows down the download queue. The solution: the wondershaper
>
> http://lartc.org/wondershaper/

Wondershaper never worked well for me, and it also attempts to shape
ingress by just dropping the over-limit pkgs.. Shaping ingress is near
impossible and droping the packets can slow things down further..

I wrote my own script with HTB that I use, and it also uses iptables
to fwmark the ports instead of tc..

Though it's not ready for release yet, I can say that if you do a
search on google for "linux traffic shaping" you can get some pretty
good information :)

-r

--
Rodney "meff" Gordon II -+- meff <at> pobox <dot> com