hostname freeze

Drew Sternesky drew_sternesky at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 18:51:55 UTC 2004

Thanks Philipp,

Using nousb, it took the system past the hostname setup. Now it freezes
during network setup. And when I do a hard reboot, it autochecks the hard
drive. Then I get a fatal error about the floppy not being found, because my
laptop does not have one.

Then, it continually spits out the same error message over and over about
eth0, the integrated Ethernet controller.

b44: eth0: Error, poll already scheduled.

FC in general does not seem to like this laptop, I may have to switch to a
different distro.

Thanks again,
Drew