java setup on FC2?

Hairysocks hairysocks at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 19:03:36 UTC 2004

A slightly cleaner way which I use is to make a symbolic link in
/usr/java to the current jre (or j2sdk) that you are using.

e.g. for your example:

cd /usr/java
ln -s /usr/java/j2re1.4.2_05 j2re

That way you can set the path to include /usr/java/j2re/bin and
when you get the next version of java, just redefine the link to
point to the new version and you don't have to worry about
changing the path setting.

I do this on all my Linux boxes that I administer, and it makes
life much simpler.

Rob