PCMCIA Hangs

Kevin Wang rightsock at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 23:02:20 UTC 2004

1- please cc the list. the information may be of use to others.

2- try disabling pcmcia, see if the system boots. if not, then the
problem isn't pcmcia. (something like chkconfig pcmcia off, or use the
line-by-line "start this service, yes/no" interactive boot mode.)

3- so you've booted, and pcmcia seems to be the problem.  try starting
it manually with "service pcmcia start" and see if that replicates the
hang.  If so, then we need to figure out exactly which command inside
the script causes the hang.

any information from /var/log/messages and whatever comes out on
console is valuable.  the more specific, the better.

   - Kevin