FC2 does not recognize ISA ethernet card

Kurt Ruby kurtis318 at charter.net
Tue Aug 17 01:17:11 UTC 2004

I have an old e-Machines celeron 333 that I installed Fedora Core 3 on.  Install worked just fine except the Netgear 10Mb ISA ethernet card is not being recognized.  It worked just fine under Windows 98SE.  I don't even see it when I use the Hardware Browser.

Google search was not much help.  I don't trust one post that said FC2 does not support ISA bus devices and recompiling the kernel is the only solution.

I'm still a novice here on Linux but I have installed Red Hat on other non-ISA machines without trouble.

Would appreciate any help.  Thanks...