IMAP Hierarchy

Javier Perez pepebuho at pananet.com
Tue Aug 17 11:05:51 UTC 2004

Help!

My IMAP hierarchy used to look like this:

INBOX
   Cron
   Lists
     Fedora_list
     Clamav

etc.

I changed mailserver from Courier-Imap to dovecot.
Also I had a trouble that forced me to reformat my win2k box.
Nevertheless the same situation happens with Thunderbird and Evolution.

Now my hierarchy looks like this

INBOX
Cron
Lists
  Fedora_list
  Clamav

Furthermore, when I see the ~HOME/Maildir subdirectory I see a
.INBOX subdirectory that I did not use to have. I tried erasing it
with rmdir but it seems to get regenerated somehow.

How can I go back to the old hierarchy? I tried moving
the subdirectories below Inbox, but that added a .INBOX suffix
to the corresponding subdirectories.

I checked around in google, but I only saw questions, but noanswer.

Thanks!!

 /\_/\
 |O O|  pepebuho_at_pananet.com
 ~~~~ 	Javier Perez