Problems with dual-homed FC2 box

Andrew Dietz andrew.dietz at library.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 17 13:34:29 UTC 2004

All,

I just recently started having a problem with FC2  on a brand-new
Dell PowerEdge 2650 server with dual built-in NetXtreme BCM5703
Gigabit Ethernet interfaces in that every so often, seemingly on
its own, FC2 will forget its default route.

The setup is as follows:

eth0 -> 192.168.0.2
eth1 -> 192.168.0.3
(note they are both on the same subnet)

When I issue the route command, I get:

Kernel IP routing table
Destination   Gateway Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
192.168.0.0   *        255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
192.168.0.0   *        255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth1

...then it hangs for up to 30 seconds before it returns the last
line, the default route:

default     192.168.0.1     0.0.0.0    UG    0      0        0 eth0

I have tried adding to /etc/sysconfig/network a line as follows:

GATEWAY="192.168.0.1"

But that didn't seem to work.

Any clues guys? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Andrew

--
ANDREW DIETZ
Systems Administrator

        This email was composed using the GTEL Webmail client.

to  which  it  is  addressed  and  may  contain  confidential  and/or
priviledged  material. Any  review, retransmission,  dissemination or
other  use  of, or  taking  of any  action  in  reliance  upon, this
information  by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited.

           Georgia Tech Library and Information Center
                  http://www.library.gatech.edu