RH8 Question

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Thu Aug 19 06:46:42 UTC 2004

On 19/08/04, at 06:25 +0200, Alexander Dalloz <alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefe...:

> Am Do, den 19.08.2004 schrieb Didier Casse um 5:46:

[...]
> I really don't remember ever told anyone to cover the version of you
> running kernel. Such a recommendation would make no sense. If you did
> understand my hint from my annotation about your posting of the result
> of "uname -r" as to hide any version information then you got it totally
> wrong. And I really hope you meanwhile upgraded your kernel ;) Because
> that was my point, to not run kernels with know security bugs which may
> used by attackers to get control over your host. Hiding kernel version
> information does not help.

Alright! :-) Yes I did upgrade from your suggestion. And now I upgrade
every night my system through yum. Thanks.

With kind regards,
Didier.

---
        __    __

Didier F.B Casse | PhD student | Singapore Synchrotron light Source (SSLS)
Email: didierbe AT sps dot nus dot sg | Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg
GPG Key 1024D/B3C57D01 2004-06-23