***SOLUTION FOUND*** FC2 - Strange Ethernet Behavior

John Krische john at sysop.com
Thu Aug 19 20:27:18 UTC 2004

Satish Balay wrote:

> You should include the proper FC kernel numbers. I guess kernel-2.6.5-1.358
> works - but not the subsequent updates.

Sorry, my mistake.  Was unaware that official FC sources offered more
than one version of 2.6.5, 2.6.6 or 2.6.7 (aside from SMP variants,
which I would have noted).  Yes, 2.6.5-1.358 is the working kernel,
2.6.6-1 and 2.6.7-1.494 were the nonworking ones.  Sorry if those
numbers are a bit off on the updated kernels; working from memory at the
moment.

Thanks also for clearing up how the modules/kernel package relationship
works in re yum updates.  Now I know I can always boot into something
older if needed.

> I wasn't sugesting to rolling your own. Just install the testing kernel.
> rpm -ivh ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/testing/2/i386/kernel-2.6.8-1.521.i686.rpm
>
> I guess this would be the next kernel update to FC2. (if not too many
> bugs are found in this version)

Misunderstood you there too, looks like.  Thanks for clearing it up!  I
will try that instead on the test laptop I'll be bringing in from home.

--
John Krische
DB Admin, Ntwk. Admin.