Slow Samba

Scott Pumer rpumer at pobox.com
Thu Aug 19 23:55:53 UTC 2004

Thank you to all who responded!

I have found the problem!  It is kernel related because when I boot with
2.6.6-1.435.2.3.smp the problem goes away.  The kernel that is slow is
the current 2.6.7-1 kernel from the update servers.

The bad thing is there is a kernel oops in 2.6.6 with Samba so I really
wanted to use 2.6.7.  Where would I get that testing kernel that Satish
Balay mentioned in an earlier email I'll give that a whirl.

Thanks,
Scott