eth0 problem

Buddy Hummler hummler.1 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 20 19:49:26 UTC 2004

Well the [failed] message goes away when I unchecked the option to start at
boot time, but it still won't work. When I hit activate in Network
Configuration, a box pops up with a red X and says "Cannot activate network
device eth0!"   then under that it says "interface 'eth0' not
found       xirc2ps_cs device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying
initialization."   <= same message I was getting on bootup.
-Buddy