(no subject)

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 21 03:32:52 UTC 2004

Clint Harshaw wrote:

> DAYE EMINE wrote:
>
>> Please help,
>> I have been able to make a Clean Install of "FEDORA Core 2" on
>>
>> NEW: ASUS AN78X-E motherboard
>
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Does the motherboard need its BIOS updated? I ask because this was the
> problem I had with my A7V8X-X motherboard -- I actually was unable to
> install FC1 or 2 until I updated the BIOS. Try poking around the
> asus.com website to see if there is an update available.
>
> Clint
>

>> NEW: ATI Radeon 9200 AGP video card
>> NEW: Maxtor 40GB AT IDE-Hard_drive
>> NEW: Internal PCI V92/56Kbps Voice Modem
>> NEW: 256M DDR
>> NEW: KDS-Avitron Monitor
>>
>> I want Linux only on this PC and to be able to connect to my ISP someday.
>>
>> PROBLEM:
>> (1) The Installation wont detect my Sound-Card which is built on the
>> Motherboard.
>> (2) It wont detect my PCI Modem.
>> I have the Installation disk on CD with the drivers for both items
>> Motherboard/Modem
>>
>> QUESTION:
>> Where or How do I install the drivers for both items in FEDORA
>> I will accept any suggestion send to me at demine1 at msn.com or posted.
>> Please help
>> demine1 at msn.com

FWIW, just a couple weeks ago I went through a drill with my ASUS A7N8X
Deluxe  Ver 2.0 m/b and wound up pulling the battery and moving the
CLRTC1 jumper to clear CMOS. It did not matter that I had already reset
all BIOS options to default, installed the latest BIOS, reset all
options again, then set them the way they were before all the fun and
games began (and the way they are now).
The really crazy thing is that all that foolishness started when the
onboard sound just sorta evaporated -- no matter if I ran FC1, FC3t1, or
Knoppix 3.4 .
Clearing the CMOS might be worth a try!

--
A failure will not appear until a unit has passed final inspection.

  22:30:01  up 8 days, 23:37,  8 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.03, 0.05
      One billion seconds ago it was 19:43:21 CST Tue 12/12/72

Repeat after me: "The primary purpose of any government
entity is to employ the unemployable."