VPN Masquerading patch for FC1?

Andy Hall ahall at madasafish.com
Sat Aug 21 20:41:23 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I'm trying to get PoPToP (http://www.poptop.org) working on a Fedora Core 1
box, but because this
machine is behind a firewall I need to enable VPN masquerading so that
outbound GRE packets are handled correctly.

According to the VPN Masquerading HOWTO document
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/VPN-Masquerade-HOWTO I need to
install the VPN Masquerade kernel patch, but the only links I can find are
from this site http://www.impsec.org/linux/masquerade/ip_masq_vpn.html which
only has patches up to the 2.4.19 kernel.

My (hopefully) simple question is this: where can I get the VPN Masquerade
kernel patch for Fedora Core 1 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl?

Apparently once applied it's merely a case of enabling PPTP masquerading in
the IPFilter section when configuring the kernel.

If anyone has any experience of this, and can help me in any way, I would be
most grateful. I'm now getting to the pulling hair out stage on this :-)

Thanks very much,

Andrew Hall.