Printer Sharing recommendations

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Aug 22 03:04:48 UTC 2004

Am So, den 22.08.2004 schrieb Sean Earp um 4:34:

> I am getting ready to install Fedora Core on a computer in my home
> network, and would like to set up printer sharing between my 3
> computers (one XP Pro, one Mac OS X 10.3, and one FC3).   In the past,
> I was able to add the printer (An HP Officejet) via CUPS to the Fedora
> box with no problems.  My Mac saw the printer share automatically, but
> no amount of tweaking could make the PC see and print to the printer.
> When I shared it from the PC, neither the Mac or the Linux box could
> print to the share.

> -Sean

Windows: http://www.owlfish.com/thoughts/winipp-cups-2003-07-20.html

Mac OS X: in Print Center add a printer from device list Internet
Printing Protocol (IPP) and choose as target something like
"ipp://fedora_box:631/ipp".

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 05:01:55 up 2 days, 44 users, load average: 0.27, 0.29, 0.26