Yum and FC1

Mike mwpowell at snappydsl.net
Sun Aug 22 12:03:03 UTC 2004

Good Morning everyone,

I've decided to try and use YUM. I read up on it a little bit and
downloaded the yum.conf for fedora from Redhat's website. When I run yum
check-update, I get the below output saying that the page cannot be
found. When I plug the URL (at least the first one), It cannot be found.
if I remove the end of the URL all the way to the /RPMS.stable/
sections, I get a list of RPMS, but no headers folder. If I change the
url to reflect /fedora/2/ instead of /fedora/1/, I can see a headers
folder. Is there another working mirror, or do I need to upgrade to FC2?

Thanks everyone,

Mike

Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Stable)
retrygrab() failed for:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.stable/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
retrygrab() failed for:

http://fedora.quicknet.nl/fedora/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.stable/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
retrygrab() failed for:

http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.stable/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
retrygrab() failed for:

http://fedora.mirror.sdv.fr/fedora/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.stable/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
retrygrab() failed for:

http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.stable/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.stable/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found