HD Lost when install FC2

Silver silver at premiumnetworks.org
Sun Aug 22 16:55:09 UTC 2004

Hello,

Me fedora has happened a tragic error when installing Core 2.  I detail to
you:

I have a PC with 2 hard disks of 80 gb each one, in the primary one I have
40 gb for Windows and other 40 gb for linux, and in the secondary disc the
80 gb in ntfs for things, as programs and the things most important: things
of the university.  the partition I did with partition magic 8 and without
problems.  The problem arises when I went to install fedora core2, I select
to the partition/dev/hda, the 40 gb that I put for linux, I put the
point of
assembly / and ext3 to it like File system and also I put to format swap...
All good, completes the installation, reboot the PC, go to grub and I
select
linux to  prove it and and perfect everything, but the surprise later
arrives when I return to reboot the PC and I enter Windows, I go to My PC,
and the secondary hard disk,  that 80 gb for programs, things of
university..., had disappeared, but in the bios and  in the
administrator of
discs appeared the hard disk. But the administrator of discs puts, File
system:  Assigned, and it is as if the file system had erased, because I do
not believe that it had been formated because it had seen it , the case is
that in that hard disk I had the important things of the university and
I do
not have backup so I must recover it.  Somebody can say to me that it is
what I can make to recover those archives?  in the worse one of the
cases, I
would send my hard disk to some laboratory of data to restore it...

A greeting and thanks in advance.