FC2 : CD Burning problems nautilus-cd-burner kernel-2.6.8-1.521

Gabriel Labelle glabelle at optimized.org
Sun Aug 22 19:08:10 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have no problems burning CD-R with my NEC 2500A DVD burner under
kernel-2.6.7-1.494.2.2.

But when I try with kernel-2.6.8-1.521 I get the following :

***
Detailed error output from cdrecord:

cdrecord: Illegal write mode for this drive.
cdrecord: Drive does not support TAO recording.
SCSI buffer size: 64512
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version
(schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.80-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c	1.80
04/03/08 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
devname: '/dev/hda'
scsidev: '/dev/hda'
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using
setpriority().
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent
defaults.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: No write mode specified.
***