Cannot start Fedora 2.

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Mon Aug 23 11:50:56 UTC 2004

Soo Sip Boon wrote:
> Recently just install FC2 by using text mode
> installation.
>
> when i want to start boot, my monitor go blank. i
> never success for any startup. I was tried to boot
> from rescue disk and used vim to do changes on
> etc\X11\Xorg.conf but seem the vim have problem to do
> edit. in the vim mode i cannot move the cursor up and
> down, delete things.
>
> I suspect because of my monitor not support high
> resolution.
>
> I'm running on AMD XP 2500 Barton
> Asus motherboard
> 512MB ram
> Nvidia Geforce 4 display card
>
> any idea of this?

Your symptoms sound exactly like the ones I had. I am using an ASUS
x7v8x-x motherboard, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon 7000 video card. The solution
was to update the BIOS. After I updated the BIOS, the installation went
fine.

The BIOS updates and instructions may be found at the ASUS website.

http://www.asus.com/support/download/download.aspx

Hope this helps,
Clint