help with nvidia driver and XFree

François Patte Francois.Patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Mon Aug 23 12:04:16 UTC 2004

Bonjour,

I have a problem with nvidia driver and XFree: At every boot something --I don't
know what, this thing doesn't sign its crime!-- write a new XF86Config file and
overwrite MY XF86Config writen according to the instructions given by nvidia;
example: nvidia tells to replace "Driver nv" which is obsolete, by "Driver
nvidia" and the monster everytime replaces "nvidia" by "nv".

And so on....

I thought that one thing that was exasperating with windows was to never know
where the config stuff is and where the things are put when you install
something....  I can see today that some linux distributions are going to make
the same!

Let me write MY config and help me only with man pages and examples!!!

So much time wasted to found out why my nvidia driver was not loaded!!

Thank you for a quick answer.

--
François Patte

Ecole française d'Extrême-Orient - Pune - Inde
Université René Descartes - Paris 5
UFR de mathématiques et informatique