kdm, not gdm

Steven J. Brown sbrown at valueline.com
Mon Aug 23 14:27:54 UTC 2004

Steven Pasternak wrote:

> I use core 2. I wish to use kdm instead of gdm, but don't know how to
> change those settings. How is it done. I use kdm once after booting to
> runlevel 3 (to install the NVIDIA Driver) and it worked fine. Thanks
> in advance!

After I read the replies to your question, I changed to kdm.  I love
KDE, but I have to say that gdm has a much nicer, modern looking login
screen.  kdm can have the last user to login be the default and you can
set focus to the password box by default and you can customize the
background, but the dialog box looks very antiquated -- even with a
custom "logo".  And you get that stupid dragon when you log out!  I'll
probably switch back to gdm.