Newbe Question

Robert Slade rob at bathnetworks.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 14:50:53 UTC 2004

Peter Boy wrote:
>    http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html
> is listing a lot of mirrors, e.g.
>
> United Kingdom
<snip>
>               *
http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/co
re/
>               *
ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/cor
e/
>               *
rsync://rsync.mirror.ac.uk/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core

I suppose I ought to mention that mirror.ac.uk has changed organisations
and the URLs have changed.

Try
http://www.mirror.ac.uk/mirror/fedora.redhat.com/$releasever/$basearch/os/
and
http://www.mirror.ac.uk/mirror/fedora.redhat.com/updates/$releasever/$basear
ch/

Thanks James,

Unfortunately, the above are also giving a 404 error. I had trouble with the
other UK ones being very slow too. However, the French sites appear to be
working well. I managed to get a full set of updates from there.

Rob

---