Network config help

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 01:14:01 UTC 2004

PFJ wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>>This is kind of an off-topic, but the computers at my school run windows
>>>2000, and they use Novell networking to logon. Since I use Linux at
>>>home, I would like to be able to go to school and use it too, just to be
>>>different.
>>>

>>Make sure your systems administrators are OK with this.
>>

>Novell is typically there so the sysadmins know who is in and who isn't.
>I access my work account from home very frequently (like almost every
>day) using FC3t1 (and everything prior to it) without a problem.
>
>The Novell client then gives you r/w access to your filestore on the
>servers. You should be able to just ftp into that using your Novell
>username and password. The sysadmins will still know you're on and the
>u/n and p/w verifies it's you. Unless they're on Novell 3 in which case
>any script kiddie can waltz in ;-p
>
>TTFN
>
>Paul

Well, under windows, the network space for each user is on the H: drive,
which is just a virtual network drive. Windows locks out write access to
C: drive, but I don't need to save anything on the local computer
anyway. How do I figure out what the pathname to the share is in order
to mount it under Knoppix?