GUI for snort

Anthony J Placilla anthony_placilla at suth.com
Wed Aug 25 13:56:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 09:24, Mike Klinke wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 August 2004 07:05, A. Lanza wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > i've recently installed snort because i have interest in IDS
> > systems. I see that i can run it in different modes with lots of
> > options...
> >
> > Is there any GUI for snort?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Alfonso
>
> ACID (http://acidlab.sourceforge.net, and also available via
> snort.org) will "GUI-ize"/present the output data in a web page
> format, but if you're asking for a GUI interface for
> editing/configuring the "snort.conf" text file, I haven't seen that
> yet.
>
> Regards, Mike Klinke

Not exactly what you requested but you might want to take a look at
Sentinix
http://sentinix.org/

It incorporates the features of SnortCenter etc. form management of
Snort rulesets, signatures & such

--
Tony Placilla, RHCT
anthony_placilla at suth.com
J.O.A.T.

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10);'