few first problems

Pietro R.A. Binetti binabin at libero.it
Wed Aug 25 18:58:31 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of Fedora core 2, and a newer of linux-like OS as
well.
2 days ago I installed Fedora on my notebook: acer travel mate 212T.
I already have some problems that I can't solve:

1. Screen resolution
I can't change the screen resolution: it is fixed on 800x600!
During the OS installation i tried to select "generic LCD monitor" with
different resolutions (as my monitor is not in the list). In all cases,
once installed Fedora, I can't switch the resolution to the wanted
1024x768. I tried to do that changing the Display settings in the System
Settings option panel. I select 1024x768 but I still see in 800x600
resolution.
What should I do?

2. Touch pad
My touch pad is working correctly, even if I have to touch the left
button to press the left mouse button: pressing the pad with a "touch"
it doesn't work. The "touch" isn't recognized, or something like that.
Should I configure the touch pad somewhere else?

Best regards,
Pietro