rsync (ssh) a fedora mirror

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 12:44:50 UTC 2004

alain volmat wrote:
> I'm trying to use rsync over ssh to synchronise my
> server with one of fedora mirror.
<snip>
> I know that my problem would be solved by just using
> rsync over rsh, but I have no choice but to use a
> socksified ssh.

Presumably that's because you're sitting behind a socks firewall and
you don't have direct contact with the outside world.

Is there an HTTP proxy around? (It's a fairly standard facility).

Could you use the RSYNC_PROXY environment variable to make rsync use
the HTTP proxy?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | A woodpigeon would, If a woodpigeon could,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | But a woodpigeon can't, So it won't.