Rpmbuild question

Thomas E. Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Thu Aug 26 14:59:46 UTC 2004

> Thomas E. Dukes wrote:
> > I thought I had this worked out but its not building a
> binary rpm.  I
> > thinks its bombing out.
> >
> > Here's the message:
> >
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [proftpd] Error 1
> > Error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.22654 (%build)
>
> It can't find libmysqlclient; it's part of the mysql-devel
> package but it puts it /usr/lib/mysql rather than /usr/lib.
> Try setting the LDFLAGS environment variable before doing the
> rpmbuild:
>
> export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/mysql
> rpmbuild ...
>
> > User machbuild does not exist - using root Group machbuild does not
> > exist - using root  (repeats about 6 times)
>
> These are normal. The src.rpm was built by someone with
> username machbuild.
> Nothing to worry about there.

Thanks again for the help!  That solved one problem but I now have a new
one.  :-(

The last few lines:

Modules/mod_sql.o(.data+0x3c0):/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/proftpd-1.2.9/modules/m
od_sql.c:400 first defined here
Collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Make: *** [profptd] Error 1
Error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.32603 (%build)

Don't have a clue about this one.

TIA