Linux-friendly ISPs?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 26 17:43:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, rich dinkin wrote:

> Adam Boettiger wrote:
>
>> Do any of the major ISPs offer dialup or broadband access that is
>> compatible with Linux?
>>
>> I searched and all I came up with were hosting account providers, not
>> connectivity.
>>
> Although Comcast doesn't officially support Linux, it works pretty
> effortlessly. In fact, I found Linux easier to set up in Comcast than XP.

what would make something "compatible with Linux"?  for the most part,
a cable or DSL modem is just going to hand you an IP address anyway,
so why would it matter what OS you're running?

i've never had a problem dropping my linux laptop onto someone else's
home network.  so what problem are you thinking of where linux would
cause a problem and windows wouldn't?  just curious.

rday