Linux-friendly ISPs?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 26 18:25:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 14:15, Rick Stevens wrote:

> > Did you get linux to work with Road Runners dial up service?
> >
> > I tried a couple of months ago with out success.  Did not spend much
> > time on it though.
>
> I don't use dialup.  I use a cable modem, so no, I've not tried it.  I'm
> sure I could get it to work.

I figured it would be easy since the laptop recognized the modem and was
able to dial out.  Did not spend enough time to sort out why it would
not authenticate.  Tried a few quick things but dropped it as I really
did not need to use the dialup service.  Just wanted it in case I had to
travel.

I may have to load up W2K to see what their dialup application does.

They seemed to indicate that they did not support Linux for the dialup
service.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Most people's favorite way to end a game is by winning.