Fedora Core 2 instalation

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 27 21:13:54 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:07:43PM +0800, Stubborn wrote:

> The best solution - install your winxp on fat32... you can read and
> write on it... and having partition magic is helpful too in case you
> want to delete your winxp parrtition and dedicate the whole disk or
> computer for a linux box. :-)

Caution.... WinXYZ (.GT. 98) on fat32 hobbles that OS in terms of
security features it might have.  There is no point in making it less
robust than it is already.

I do agree that a fat32 resource that can be seen from both operating
systems has value.  Do not ignore R/RW-CDROM (650MB), USB disks, and
USB flash memory devices as a common resource for file exchange.
CDROM media is inexpensive and has additional value as backup.

Since CDROM media is about 650MB it makes sense to me to also make the
FAT32 file system a matching size.   This way it is 'easy' to collect
and organize a set of files for a CDROM archive.

Of interest if you browse a local filesystem with Mozilla you are
looking at html.  Save that html as my-index.htm (or index.htm) in the
same dir. Edit the simple HTML if you wish to organize differently.
Include a MD5SUM file for archives too.  This trick can capture dates,
sizes and stuff that is good to remember.  A shell script could also
generate the index (recursively).

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004