Certified Linux Laptop

Volker Kindermann ml at ps102.de
Sat Aug 28 08:59:43 UTC 2004

Hi Ryan,

> I am looking to purchase a new laptop to use for Linux development on
> FC2.  My requirements are...
>
> 	>= 1.5 GHz
> 	>= 1.0 GB
> 	>= 60 GB HD
> 	>= 1200 x 1024 NATIVE resolution
> 	CD-RW/DVD-ROM (minimum)
> 	Wireless (11Mb or 54Mb), 10/100/1000 NIC, sound, USB 2.0, PCMCIA
> 	Bluetooth would be nice
> 	Flawless functionality with FC2 and/or RH9

I'm running a Thinkpad T40p with Fedora2. It meets all of your
requirements (Pentium M 1.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 60 GB HD with 7200 RPM,
1400x1050 native resolution, CD-RW/DVD-ROM, Wireless (a,b,g), Gbit NIC,
sound, USB, PCMCIA, Bluetooth).

When looking for a Thinkpad please examine the exact modell number,
because there are quite some models named T40p that are quite different.
Mine is of Type 2372-G3G (one of the "G"s stands for german version).

 -volker