ati driver (fglrx) and no 3d acceleration

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 30 02:08:08 UTC 2004

ok, it seems something is the matter with AGP.  here's an excerpt from my X
log.:

(EE) fglrx(0): [agp] unable to acquire AGP, error "xf86_ENOMEM"
(EE) fglrx(0): cannot init AGP
(II) fglrx(0): [drm] removed 1 reserved context for kernel
(II) fglrx(0): [drm] unmapping 8192 bytes of SAREA 0x3297d000 at 0xf6e13000
(WW) fglrx(0): * DRI initialization failed!                  *
(WW) fglrx(0): * (maybe driver kernel module missing or bad) *
(WW) fglrx(0): * 2D acceleraton available (MMIO)             *
(WW) fglrx(0): * no 3D acceleration available                *

so this definantly has something to do with the new nforce2 mobo i'm using,
right?  thanks again.