Lynx

Andrey Andreev andreev at cs.helsinki.fi
Mon Aug 30 08:31:41 UTC 2004

Hi,

Adam Boettiger wrote:

> Hey thanks!  I had to install both but worked well.  What do you find
> the primary differences are between lynx and elinks and why do you
> prefer elinks?

Happy to help :)

links does a very good job rendering complex page layouts, _including_
frames and tables. It supports mouse clicks and mousewheel if used with
a nice terminal (e.g. konsole, PuTTy, I guess others would work too).
It's interface is also menu-driven (try Alt-F, or click the top line of
the screen), which makes it simple to find commands that you can't
remember as shortcuts. It also has all the shortcuts I was used to from
lynx IIRC.

And once you're looking for CLI tools for the web, I'm also going to
suggest that you look into wget, if you haven't.

Regards,

//Andro