Nautilus slow to browse samba shares

Don Maxwell don.maxwell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 12:26:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:04:23 +0800 (HKT), HaJo Schatz wrote:

> Marc Williams said:

> That does sound somewhat familiar, I think to remember that I had &
> resolved the issue once. I'm unfortunately away from my Samba machine, Ie
> can't check right now. Does "broadcast" ring a bell?

Slow browsing of the MSFT Network Neighborhood via Nautilus was
observed a few weeks ago, at least by me and some others.  The
situation corrected for me with a kernel upgrade.  I would launch
"Network Servers" from the Gnome app menu and the thing would wait
quite a long time (in hours!) until the "Windows Network" would
appear.  However, the problem is now corrected and I am using kernel
2.6.8-1.521.