Nautilus slow to browse samba shares

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 15:06:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 10:53, Vic Ricker wrote:
> I had a similar problem not too long ago when I was setting up a new
> machine.  I think it was because my hostname wasn't properly set yet.
> (It was using the default localhost.localdomain).

Unless there is some other magic to setting hostnames I believe I have
them correct on these boxes.  Plus the fact that the same options under
FC1 seem to work just fine makes me think there is something else that
was changed in FC2's nautilus code.

uname -a shows correct info
hostname shows correct info
/etc/hosts appears to be correct

Also, have had the nautilus window up for about 2 hours now with no
change.  So I may have a slightly different issue.

Thanks for the ideas.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com