Nautilus slow to browse samba shares

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 15:23:12 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 11:16, HaJo Schatz wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 23:06, Scot L. Harris wrote:
>
> > Also, have had the nautilus window up for about 2 hours now with no
> > change.  So I may have a slightly different issue.
> Any of these of help:
>
> socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
> dns proxy = No
> ldap ssl = no
>
> But then I think to remember now that I had accidentally blocked some
> broadcasting in my firewall in the past.

Going to try those options, particularly the socket options, here in a
few minutes.  Had spotted those in a config posted in this thread
earlier this morning as something that I have not tried on my systems.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Yevtushenko has... an ego that can crack crystal at a distance of twenty feet.
		-- John Cheever