SCSI tape drive with Adaptec adapter...

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Tue Aug 31 02:37:35 UTC 2004

C. Linus Hicks wrote:
> It doesn't look like an issue since the driver is detecting the transfer
> rate of 5mb/s, but you could try setting that rate in the SCSI adapter
> for that SCSI ID. Also, you might want to see if you can get this tape
> drive working on another system.

I tried setting the transfer rate to 5mb/s in the BIOS.  No dice.
However I did notice the following error in dmesg after I tried to
access the device with mt:

st0: try direct i/o: yes (alignment 512 B), max page reachable by HBA
1048575

> For someone who avoids SCSI, you sure do have a lot of SCSI controllers
> in this machine.

The only real device is this Adaptec card.  The rest are a 6-in-1 USB
card reader and a large IDE drive in a USB enclosure as a backup device.

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org