Fedora Extras is extra

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Dec 1 01:12:24 UTC 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Dag Wieers wrote:

> First work on the infrastructure before you add voluntary manpower,
> otherwise you're effectively wasting manpower and potentially ruining a
> community project. It currently does not scale, tools are missing.

Let me also add that the main reason why I'm not involved in fedora.us is
because I'm not using the repository because I can not. It had conflicts
with my own repository and their policy is not spend time on
compatibility.

So they've shut me out. The day that policy is lifted there would be a
reason for me to file some bugreports for compatibility reasons, then
enable fedora.us and then do bugreports about those packages I use from
fedora.us.

I'm not using any, so I can't comment on them. I only know what breaks
because of reports and even for that I can't offer any help.

PS I do provide bug reports for Red Hat/Fedora Core packages.
PS2 I'm using fedora.us carefully, and try not to mix it with Fedora Extras

Jeff, next time you comment about 3rd part repositories I would like you
to read the previous mail and this mail.