kmail and threading

I was using kmail on nahant and it was threading nicely.

On FC3 it absolutely refuses to, and I _have_ compared settings.

In Settings/Configure Kmail/Appearance/Headers I have
x Show Attachment Icon
x Thread list of message headers

o Open threads that contain ...

o Fancy format

"Thread list of message headers" looks to me to be the one that does the
trick, but it makes no difference I can on Nahant (threading works) or FC3
(where it doesn't).

Any ideas?

--

Cheers