overheated laptop

sly dsyc at go.ro
Wed Dec 1 05:48:01 UTC 2004

thom at customnetworks.ca wrote:
> I couldn't find the thread start for this as I'm not at the office, but I
> installed gkrellm with the i8k extensions for my dell Inspiron 8200
> laptop. I can control the fan speed or let the computer do it. Mine runs
> nicely at 40 - 45 C and 1200MHz. I can speed up to 1700MHz and the fans
> kick in and run pretty loud.

ok! i installed gkrellm but it does not have any options for fans. so i
got i8krellm but can't install it cuz i need i8kutils. so i got this one
too. only that this is over my knowledge. i did make - ok; i did make
install - ok. but it's not ok because i can't find i8k.o. i read i had
to compile kernel module. this is where i get lost. any help would be
more than appreciated!

sly
(561)601-4303
dsyc at go.ro